Friday, August 28, 2009

Dichroic glass artist of the week Judy Anderson



I am a retired family counselor. I moved from Arlington Heights, IL to AZ a couple of years ago with my husband and my 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgis. My son and daughter-in-law and my 2 adorable grandchildren live here also.

I love glass fusing and use art glass and dichroic glass in my designs. It is so exciting to open the kiln and see what it has created. I cut the glass and layer and fuse it, but the kiln has a mind of its own. The new decals I have been firing into my glass are beautiful and add a whole new dimension to my glass work. I especially like the decals that reflect nature.

My other joy is that my grandchildren are fascinated by my glass. When they are old enough I know they will want me to teach them the process and nothing makes me happier than spending time with them.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5219638&ga_search_query=firefly&ga_search_type=seller_usernames
************************************************************************************
Thank you for sharing Judy. Your 10 free decals will be in the mail on Monday.
Judy will also be named in our news letter. Please take a moment to click on the link above and view Judy's work.

If you want to be featured as an artist of the week, email us at info@aaeglass.com with 2 pictures and a blurb about you and your business. We are having a great time with this.

2 comments: