Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dichroic Glass Artist of the Week - Sheryl Brink



I am a self taught glass artist. It all started in the year 2000 when I retired from being a optician for many years. My husband bought me my first kiln and we went to the local stained glass store and purchased my first glass pack and a book and everything else I needed to get started. At that point I had never even cut glass Off we went home and set everything up and I started reading, cutting, fusing and never looked back. Glass is truly amazing. I have learned so much from trial and error. There is nothing like the joy of opening the kiln and having all that gorgeous glass looking up at you, or the lessons learned when you open up the kiln and have a big flop stare up at you.
I love working with your decals, they are a wonderful enhancement to the glass. I have been working with decals for quite some time but yours are truly unique and wonderful to work with. When you are working with glass everything is magical, it is truly a passion for me. I am constantly reading and learning every day. My goals for the future are to keep expanding my knowledge of glass and to keep having fun.
***********************************************************************************
Thank you for your submission Sheryl. Your pieces are lovely. Be sure to visit Sheryl's store at
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=110588&ga_search_query=jochris12&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

These glass fusing decals can be found at www.aaeglass.com We have several original and unique designs available. Stock up for Christmas today!

AAE Glass

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful glass jewelry! If you would like to be featured as artist of the week, please email us at info@aaeglass.com We love seeing all the beautiful wearable art you create. www.aaeglass.com

    ReplyDelete