Monday, September 20, 2010

Show and Tell - Bludragonfly



Bludragonflyjewelry.com
Etsy Store

My name is Christine Wilson and the name of my business is BluDragonfly.  I have been making jewelry for over fifteen years.  I collected lampwork beads by other artists for several years and designed my own jewelry.  In 2007 I took a lampworking class and I was hooked on making glass beads.  My “Sneaker Wave” lampwork bracelet was featured in Bead Style magazine (July 2010 issue) in the Reader’s Gallery.  In the past I have also created jewelry in Precious Metal Clay and I also took a silversmithing class.
 
Once bitten by the glass bug I ventured into fusing glass last year.  There are infinite possibilities out there to expand your horizons in the glass world.  I took a fusing class at a local studio and from there I have been experimenting with fused glass pendants.  Recently I discovered AAE Glass and their DECALS.  I immediately fell in love with them and have been making pendants with decals ever since.  I retired in May of this year after having worked in the administrative field for over 35 years.  My husband and I relocated from Denver, CO to Johnstown CO.  Our first priority was getting our glass studio up and running!   am very fortunate to be able to devote more of my time to a hobby that I love. 
 
This fall I have signed up to do six local craft fairs – they will be in Loveland, Greeley, Conifer, and Arvada Colorado.  I am really excited to be able to share my passion for fused glass with the public.  I can’t wait to show off my pendants that I have created with AAE Glass decals.  I look forward to receiving their emails every week telling me of the new decals that are available.  I enjoy the creative process when creating a pendant by using dichroic glass, frits in every color combination and then selecting a decal that best suits the pendant.  Every morning is an adventure when you race down to see what is in the kiln!!
 
Thank you AAE Glass for the opportunity to share my story and for always being there when I have a question related to fused glass and your decals!
 
Christine Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment