Sunday, August 28, 2011

Color Me Bad Fusing Decals and BluDragonfly Glass





AAE Glass wants to thank Christine Wilson of BluDragonfly for displaying our Color Me Bad decal sheets in such a good light.  These decals can be painted by you! Who doesn't want to add their own touch or flare to their wearable dichroic glass art pieces?  Thanks Christine.

A few years ago I took a fusing glass class at a local studio and fell in love with fusing. After that class I came home and started experimenting with different techniques. I discovered Tanya's website - AAEGlass.com and her decals. After that the direction of my work changed!

All my fused glass jewelry is created in my home studio. All the pieces are started from scratch – I cut out the glass and create the design using dichroic glass and custom-made frit combinations. In some of my pendants I select a decal that best compliments the colors in the pendant. All of the pieces require several firings. Along with fused glass jewelry I also make lampwork (glass) beads and incorporate them into jewelry.

In July 2011 I took Tanya Veit's Extreme Fusing Workshop in Denver. This is the best class that I have ever taken and nothing can compare with the information on fusing that Tanya is willing to share. Recently I have been experimenting with the Color Me Bad decals. They are a lot of fun and allow your imagination to run wild playing with different colors. They look exceptionally dramatic on the dichroic backgrounds. In August 2011 I participated in the 2011 Fairplay Colorado Bead and Fiber Show. My "Pelican" pendant placed 3rd in the juried competition for Jewelry/Wearables.


I will participating in Art Shows this fall in Arvada, Greeley, and Windsor CO. I am a member of the Rocky Mountain Flameworkersorganization which is a group of local glass artists who meet once a month. I am also a Self Representing Artist (SRA #126). I currently have 2 websites for my jewelry ETSY and BLUDRAGONFLY. My work is also available at the Mountain Blown Glass Shop in Estes Park, CO.


I can't thank Tanya and AAE Glass enough for the workshops and the wonderful selection of decals and dichroic glass available on their website. They have added a whole new and exciting dimension to my art.



Christine Wilson

BluDragonfly

www.bludragonfly.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment