Friday, July 13, 2012

Featured Glass Artist Julie Feldman

AAE Glass is proud to feature glass artist Julie Feldman of Funk Sister GalleryFunk Sister Gallery features beautiful glass art from wearable glass art through bowls, plates and boxes.  There is something for everyone so be sure to check out Funk Sister Gallery.  Here is more about Julie in her own words. Thank you Julie for taking the time to share your work with us, it is beautiful.
My love for glass, color, texture, creativity and thinking outside of the box began at a very early age.  My mother can tell you the story of how i hated being in the playpen, my first time in it was my last time in it!
I am a self taught artist - learning as I go, much akin to this journey of life we are all on.  I took a stained glass class so I could learn how to cut glass and get my feet wet but it didn't satisfy me creatively.  When I stepped into the land of fusing it rocked my world and I was off and running.
I love to create jewelry, bowls, sushi sets, coasters and will soon be stepping into new territory~ I will try my hand at mixing mediums by working with precious metal clay and fused glass....so keep your eyes peeled :~)
Unless I am working on a commissioned piece I rarely sit down to work with a plan.  Sure, I may have a shape in mind for a piece of jewelry or perhaps a dish or bowl but other than that I am most comfortable letting the creative energy flow through me and out of my hands.  My 2nd bedroom is my work studio and my floor kiln is in there and boy, it sure does get hot in there. My dream is to have a working gallery where I can have several kilns of assorted sizes so I can start making larger pieces, hopefully a line of dinnerware at some point.  Since I am a massage therapist and yoga instructor I think it would be very cool to house everything under one roof and then I can be in one place doing what I love.

Please visit www.funksistergallery.com and do let me know you stopped by.  The website is a work in progress but isn't everything?


No comments:

Post a Comment